Monday, July 4, 2011

  

You must add a night swim in the Bioluminescent Bay at Vieques to your ‘Bucket List.’ This was one of those amazing life experiences that cannot be described in words or a photograph – it’s an experience that should not be missed!

We went to the Bioluminescent Bay with Abe’s Bio-Bay Tours for a night guided kayak tour and to experience the world’s best and brightest bio bay. Abe’s provided everything we needed for the adventure and the guides where awesome, helpful, knowledgeable, and fun. The experience: we had a two person kayak and fallowed a guide to a mooring ball where all of the kayaks where tied together so that we could jump off of the kayaks for a swim. The water was illuminated upon contact that makes for the most amazing swim you will ever have; it’s almost like swimming through a starry sky night. Swimming in the bioluminescent bay is like no other experience I’ve had. Visit Abe’s site HERE for more information.


8 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely amazing! I've never even heard of something like that before!

    Btw, happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you take the photos. was it a point and shoot?? if so what did u do. i want to get some photos like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy, I wish I could take credit for these photos but the ones that I made didn't come out. I had an underwater point and shoot and it didn't work because it was too dark. I think you will need a pro camera to get these kind of pics. let me know if you have better luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is abe's the only one that lets you get in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really sure, I would just ask. We had a friend that highly recommend Abe's so we just went with them and had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are my photos! I'll gladly tell you how I took them if you credit the source correctly. The folks you are currently crediting do not have rights to redistribute them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI John, I'm happy to update the photo credit if you provide the link. It looks like the link I have no longer goes to your photos where i found them. If you would like them removed please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nah, I don't want them removed. I am glad you are finding use of them in a sharing but not for profit way. My website is www.morgali.net. I specialize in weddings. However, you can find these images in my flickr stream under the few Puerto Rico galleries I have there. I took two series of photos, and the better ones were from the first trip, which is the ones you are using. They can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aarghj/sets/72157616742957759

    I took these photos with a Canon 5d Mark II camera and a 24-70 2.8L lens. It was a LONG exposure, hand held on a rocking boat, so it was quite an effort to keep the camera & lens steady. The camera shutter was open for 8/10's of a second, and it was shot at ISO 25,600. You will see many more at the link listed above. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.

Archive