Monday, August 8, 2011

Have you ever been to Central Park in New York City? 
I once lived a few blocks from it and would spend days or weekends photographing the trees in Central Park. I found the park to be a part of my life that made sense and that I needed while living in the city.

So, when I recently heard on NPR that someone made a map of 19,933 trees in Central Park I couldn't help but stop everything else to listen to the show. It took Mr. Barnard and Mr. Chaya two years to identify and map all the trees in the park. Can you imagine? 




PS Photos I made walking around the city here.

5 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh! This is soo perfect! My cousin does environmental studies at Central Park and this is just a must for her birthday gift. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, i also ordered a couple and plan to gift one away and hang the other on my office wall and day dream about the walks i would take if i was in central park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so cool!!! Who ever knew there were SO MANY trees in Central Park?!?! Thanks for visiting my blog, btw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, I believe it, I would always get lost in the brambles... happy to be connected!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so cool. Thanks for clueing me in to this - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.