Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Yet another reason to love the grid in New York City: tonight the sun will set so that it will align precisely with the Manhattan street grid and illuminate both the north and south sides of every cross street. Can you imagine what this will look like? I've never seen it before and would even consider visiting NYC next year at this time to see it. If you're in the NYC you will be able to see the half sun on the grid this evening at 8:17 pm EDT, the full sun set on May 30th at 8:16 pm EDT, as well as July 11 at 8:24 pm EDT. Please make me a photo of it if you're there in person, I would love to see it.

More information and photos from this page here.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.