Tuesday, August 21, 2012
How great is this website that has an up-todate map of all the galleries in Chelsea? It doesn't look like there are a lot of shows happening while we're visiting NYC but this Chelsea Gallery Map will be so helpful. I'm really excited to be in the city and look at art!!!


 The Museum on Modern Art has a show open until April 29, 2013 called 'The Shaping of New Visions: Photography, Film, Photobook' that looks promising.


The Whitney has a show called 'Yayoi Kusama's Fireflies on the Water' that is open until October 28, 2012. I actually saw this installation once at the Whitney with a group show so it will be amazing to see it again: last time you walked out on a small platform so that you where in the middle of a mirrored room and the floor was all water, it looked a lot like the photo above.


I once lived near the Metropolitan Museum of Art and never once made it to their roof garden. Currently they have a show on the roof garden called 'Cloud City,' by Tomas Saraceno that is an interactive site-specific installation.

Have you seen a gallery show recently that you loved and would recommend taking the time to visit?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.