Thursday, November 15, 2012

The furthest south we made it on our California VW Bus Road Trip was to Big Sur. Have you ever been? It was my first time and I found it extremely beautiful and breathtaking. We where not as prepared as we should have been for camping in Big Sur - we had no plans on where we where going to stay and once we where there we realized that there isn't any cell service in Big Sur.  A lot of the campgrounds are first come first serve unless you made reservations months ago - this means that you need to be at the campground at 8:00 am to claim your spot (this was a shocker to us all.)

The first night we spent was at a campground in the mountains (no ocean view) and woke up early to get the best spot at Kirk Creek Campground for the next night. The morning drive down the mountain to the ocean was out of control (this is where I made the photos above the fog.) Kirk Creek is really an beautiful location right on the ocean. I found it freezing cold in Big Sur from all the fog (guess I'm use to the Caribbean weather) and was happy that this was our last night of camping for our road trip.

Next stop San Francisco!!!

PS You might also like this post about the VW Bus we rented for our trip.

1 comment:

  1. Big Sur is amazing and totally breathtaking. Btw: how cool is your road-trip bus? AMAZING! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.