Tuesday, April 3, 2012


Have you ever eaten Quinoa? It's a yummy whole grain and I made it for the first time with the recipe on the back of the package. It came out so good:

Quinoa Taboule

2 cups of cooked and cooled Quinoa
1 up chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped scallions
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint (I recommend more)
1 garlic clove minced
1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil (I would do more)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (I would put a little less or add a tbsp of sugar)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper

Toss all ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Makes 6 servings.

I added a 1/2 cup of fresh diced tomatoes.
Happy cooking!!!

3 comments:

  1. looks yummy
    ~lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh my darling! You hit the spot. I ADORE taboule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a crowd pleaser for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Instagram