Thursday, February 10, 2011




I’m in love.
Yesterday Eric gave me such a divine birthday gift, an Asian Lady Slipper.
It has to be one of the most beautiful orchids I’ve ever seen and I’m so excited that it’s mine.

I’m familiar with the North American Lady Slipper from growing up in Maine. We where always told that they are an endangered species and to never pick a Lady Slipper that you came across in the woods. I remember as a child finding the Lady Slipper growing wild and getting so excited, they give me such a sense of hope and still today put a smile on my face.

Thank you Eric!

Orchid from St. Thomas at Tillett Gardens

2 comments:

  1. thats a beauty keep it out of the sun so the bloom will last

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do, thank for the advice. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.