Wednesday, February 23, 2011





Extreme Dominica will be the highlight of your Caribbean vacation. I’ll admit that this was an adventure that I had to be talked into because rappelling down a canyon isn’t something that I would search out to do on my own. Extreme Dominica’s canyoning tour is, without a doubted, an amazing adventure and the most exciting part of my vacation on Dominica.

Rappelling into the deep gorges of volcanic bedrock canyons will be the only way you will be able to see these amazing formations that the owner of Extreme Dominica, Richard Metawi, calls “cathedral-looking.” Floating in a crystal clear pool of water at the bottom of a canyon, I cannot think of a better way to describe how amazing it truly is.

Extreme Dominica will outfit you in a full wet suit, helmet, harness, life jacket, and provide a training lesson, this makes such a big difference when rappelling down a waterfall for the first time. I can’t wait to go back to Dominica and do it again.












Thank you Richard, Liz, and Nahjie for making this an amazing experience.

National Geographic Travel Magazine just named Extreme Dominica one of the “Best Trips of 2011.”
Trip Advisor rates Extreme Dominica as the “#1 thing to do in Dominica.













Please note that some of the above photographs are made by Liz at Extreme Dominica.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.