Monday, March 28, 2011
Spring has started here on St John. It feels a little warmer and I’ve noticed that the Frangipani, Plumeria, is starting to come back to life in the yard. Frangipani is not only fun to say but also smells amazing. The Frangipani Flowers are most fragrant at night for pollination and have a poisonous milky sap that will irritate the skin and eyes if exposed to it. I’m not sure what these caterpillars are called but they will at one point cover the entire tree and eat every leaf. It’s a beautiful process watching the Frangipani come back to life, covered in green leaves, delightful flowers, and even these amazing Frangipani Caterpillars. Let the cycle begin. 






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.