Monday, March 7, 2011

Last Sunday we decided to do Donkey Diner for brunch and then hike the Ram Head trail. The hike is very beautiful but also hot, arid, and filled with lots of sunshine. I definitely recommend wearing swimsuits on the hike! Jumping into the ocean on this hot hike is an amazing way to cool down at the beautiful Blue Cobblestone Beach.

Ram Head is a gently sloping rocky peninsula that rises out of Salt Bay Beach and faces out east directly into the blowing trade-winds. It's a great location for sunrises and has a great view of the British Virgin Islands.

For a little history on Ram Head, back in 1733 click HERE.

While you're in the area take a look at what you will find at Drunk Bay.





My favorite source for hiking information is the Feet, Fins & Four Wheel Drive Guide by Pam Gaffin.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.