Thursday, March 10, 2011
For your next vacation on St John how about staying at Concordia in an Eco Tent?
Before I lived on St John, Concordia was my favorite weekend getaway destination; I always referred to it as ‘luxury camping.’ Concordia is truly an amazing experience, not just another vacation hotel or island getaway. Located on St John’s southeast side of the island, posed on the side of a windy mountain, with an amazing view of the ocean, you can’t help but feel relaxed here. Each eco tent has it’s own solar panel, composting toilet, kitchen, and solar heated shower, that sleep up to 6 adults. The tents do not have a TV, phone, outlets, and most likely your cellphone will not even get a signal, trust me it feels great to disconnect. 

If you do decide to leave your eco tent and explore the area there are some amazing sights that you can walk to from the property: Salt Pond Bay Beach, Salt Pond, Drunk Bay, and Ram Head Trail.
Please say “HI!!!” to Claudia for me, if you stay at Concordia.



A photograph of an Eco Tent at Concordia.

In this photograph you can see the solar panel in front of the porch and the cistern water system underneath.

In this photo you can see the black barrel that heats the water for a shower.

In this photograph you can see all the new construction that has taken place at Concordia, view from Salt Bay.

This is a view of Concordia from Ram Head Hike.

This is the view from an Eco Tent at Concordia of Ram Head, Salt Pond, and Drunk Bay.

Eco Tent at night under a full moon.

Concordia's website is:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.