Friday, March 16, 2012



This week I had a lot of little frustrations with things not working correctly in my office like my mouse got the jitters and finding out that I will need to upgrade my operation system on the computer. So, when Eric asked me if I would come out for a daysail to be his first-mate, I jumped at the chance to put some separation between me and the computer. I had a blast (as always) being out on the ocean sailing and got the chance to meet a couple of wonderful people visiting from Pittsburgh, but I have a huge learning curve if I was to change careers (huge.)
I had a whole new appreciation for what I do and a little extra enthusiasm the next day I was sitting at the computer editing photographs. I also understood why Eric is so exhausted when he gets home from work. Have you ever gone to work with your partner? Would you want to change careers or do you love what you do?

PS This is what I do for a living.

6 comments:

  1. i have NO desire to experience what my spouse does, it involves guns and having a stern personality-NOT like me at all.

    ironically enough i want to go from wedding photographer to day sail crew!!! maybe i need to "see the light" like you
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, go Steelers! Aren't Pittsburgh people the best???? (Okay okay I'm biased)

    Now, I love what I do (most days) as an ASL Interpreter. Through my job I uphold the ADA and supoosrt civil rights. However, I love going to work for my hubby! It is a change of pace& allows me to be creative. It also allows me to help folks through their hard times since In Memory Decals are his biggest online product.

    As serial entrepreneurs I couldn't imagine life any other way! (We own 4 companies between the two of is) Being able to take a trip on a whim, doing what I/we love and making a living all the while.

    Remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Do what you love and make a living doing it. Don't let it become WORK because then it isn't worth doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, that is too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I can't imagine having 4 companies, that is so wild, you both must be extremely ambitious!
    You are also right about doing what you love, this is they I try to live my life and it makes me so happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that those photos look stunning. I wish I could be sitting on that boat right now:) Balazs and I work from home so we see what the other one is doing each day. Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie.
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thanks Diana!
    hope you and balazs have an amazing weekend as well.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.