It's been a long week of working for me and I have a big wedding to photograph on Saturday, so it's not really truly a Friday for me. When I was a kid my mom use to call our Friday night dinner a 'pizza party' and we would make our own pizza's or calzones together - it was always a lot of fun! Since I've started cooking this year I thought I should learn how to make pizza dough.... well it's so easy and it's now my Friday night tradition. You too could do it if I can, here's the recipe:
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1. Combine all ingredients, knead until smooth and elastic on a lightly floured surface.
2. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, place in a warm location, and let rise for about 30 minutes.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired shape and place on pan.
4. Cover dough in all your pizza toping goodness.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until brown on bottom.