Friday, March 2, 2012

It's been a long week of working for me and I have a big wedding to photograph on Saturday, so it's not really truly a Friday for me. When I was a kid my mom use to call our Friday night dinner a 'pizza party' and we would make our own pizza's or calzones together - it was always a lot of fun! Since I've started cooking this year I thought I should learn how to make pizza dough.... well it's so easy and it's now my Friday night tradition. You too could do it if I can, here's the recipe:

3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients, knead until smooth and elastic on a lightly floured surface.
2. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, place in a warm location, and let rise for about 30 minutes.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired shape and place on pan.
4. Cover dough in all your pizza toping goodness.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until brown on bottom.


3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! That look heavenly...there must be something in the air because this week wasn't too pleasant for me either..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have an amazing weekend to make up for your not so great week melissa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Pizza sounds great to make up for the un-delicous week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.