Friday, March 9, 2012
Boardwalk to Champagne reef
The famous bubbles of Champagne Reef
Octopus 

                 Dominica nicknamed "The Nature Island" is just as beautiful below sea level as its majestic mountains are above. In fact, the underwater volcanoes that formed Dominica's rugged topography on land have also created a dramatic underwater world below. One notable spot is Champagne Reef, where geothermal vents create a sea of bubbles that emanate from the ocean floor. The sea floor has hot spots where you can feel the heat from the vents, very cool indeed!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.