Sunday, April 3, 2011

My good friend Phillip Pisciotta has a show that just opened at AS IF Gallery on 529 Manhattan Avenue, cross street 122 in New York City. To see Phillip’s work call for an appointment: 646 338 2140. 
You should definitely stop by if you’re in the city.

 What is Won by "Continuing to Play", East Harlem, NYC 2006, 
pigmented inkjet print, 16 x 20 inches.
"I work in a documentary style with a blues aesthetic. 
Other photographers that I know of, to whom a Blues Aesthetic 
has been attributed, are Beuford Smith and Robert Frank.
I've been living in Harlem since 2005. 
But it wasn't until I lived in Harlem, 
and looked at and engaged Harlem, that I felt like an American."

Phillip Pisciotta

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.