Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Have you ever been good at something and then one day no matter what you did you where no longer good it? When I moved to St John all my herbs died and I couldn’t get them started again, I thought the seeds where bad, so I planted a lot to make up for the fact that I had failed a few times. I’ve never claimed to have a “green thumb,” there are a few things that I can keep alive, while other plants just wither-up and die if I touch them. Basil has always been an easy plant for me to grow.





If you know me then you know I don’t like to cook but I do like to grow fresh herbs and veggies to eat.

My point is that I’ve over compensated and have more basil then two people can eat. Eric suggested that I start a new business selling basil and call it “Sage’s Basil.” My thought was pesto! Again, if you know me, you know that I could eat pasta every day and be happy, really!

So like any un-chef I went to allrecipes.com and found a pesto recipe I could butcher. I added a lot more garlic, basil, pine nuts, and of course my “magic bullet” thought it was too thick, so instead of more olive oil I added a bit of water so it could turn. Long story, but it is amazing! I wish you could taste it or that I didn’t eat all of it so at least I had a photo to share ;)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to my Blog

I’m a photographer living on a little island in the Caribbean called St Thomas with my husband Eric and Mambo (my talkative cat). My website is sagehammond.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Powered by Blogger.